Saturday, October 15, 2005

the wierdness of a "day off" midweek

so this week was all wonked out (yes, wonked is a technical term) with having a shortened sunday thanks to the PSAT administration. because of that, none of my classes got a damn thing done. then thursday was a "teacher work day" which loosely translates to mean that the kids deserve a day off, but we have to show up to get paid. what this means is that when everyone comes back on friday, no one wants to do a damn thing (much like wednesday), so all my classes are behind, i don't know what day of the week it is, and i just want more sleep. gracious i love saturdays.

3 Comments:

At 10/18/2005 1:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

still got me stuffed why people choose to become school teachers (ok never read this blog before, but it has got to be something to do with the school holidays).

I remember the hell we gave teachers at school. And I went to a nice one :)

You teach the same stuff year after year after year.

Anyhow added to my favourites list.

 
At 10/18/2005 4:35 AM, Blogger Miss H said...

hey thanks for the comment...in all honesty, the holidays weren't a deciding factor (but they certainly didn't hurt). though, i do have to say that if i knew how much work this entailed, i might have changed my mind.

 
At 10/19/2005 5:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew up in a small town in the midwest and remember those weird days when we had the day off and the teachers had to be there. I was usually there due to either basketball or football practice. Yep, I use to play football.

The funniest part about it was walking by the faculty lounge and seeing my history teacher kicked back with his feet on the table and a beer in his hand.

The best part was the Fridays after those days. History was my first class of the day and the teacher was always hung over. So it was Discovery Channel video day.

Actually, looking back that was most Fridays for that year...

Then there was my old math teacher who was always behind. She turned out being a nut job though.

Hopefully this didn't discourage you more.

Just remember, you can't help everyone and those that learn to help themselves will remember you in some way or another.

And you'll never know how you effect anyone until years later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home