Thursday, November 03, 2005

thieves, stoners, and more

so, a kid attempted to steal something out of my classroom the other day. what was taken? well, you will be amused to know it was a $250 scale, a fancy little electronic balance. the kid managed to slip in front of me and take it off of a cart that was holding a bunch of them.

another student brought it to my attention after class was over. well, when i went to the cart to check out what was missing, two scales were not where they belonged. so, i checked with my supervisor about procedure, and then headed up to see an assistant principal. the kid had left my class and was headed to lunch.

so armed with information on my suspects, the assistant principals started searching bags to see what they could find. a search of the first kid (the primary suspect for both me and the assistant principals-- they have history with the him) produced an immediate result, his bag contained one of the missing scales. now, I went to the assistant principals with two missing items, so that was what they were searching for. as such they called in their primary suspect number two, and on him, they did not find a balance, but rather, they found a large pipe and a substantial amount of weed.

irony moment, at the end of that school day, i cleaned my classroom and found missing balance number two hidden in a corner.

now, both of these kids had been doing rather well in my class, they are both basketball players. and i guess it now seems that they both have a history of drug involvement... i am still kind of hurt by the theft. but the odd emotion has to be that i almost feel guilty for the whole mess. like i was a snitch, or that i was the one who got the kids in trouble. either way, that is bullshit. there is no cause for this drama.

results-
thief-- got a six day suspension,
stoner-- got a ten day suspension (this is the one i feel bad about)

i am worried about what could go on with this class now...it is the one that gives me the greatest trouble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home